1. You Will Reduce Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes. The more muscle you have, the more insulin receptor sites you have, and the more sensitive they will be. Increased muscle tissue helps to prevents type 2 diabetes, a metabolic syndrome
2. You Will Fight Heart Disease. Strength training will improve your cholesterol profile, body fat and blood pressure.
3. You Will Be Able to Fight Back Pain and Arthritis. At 12-year study showed that strengthening the low-back muscles had an 80 percent success rate in eliminating or alleviating low-back pain. Other studies have indicated that weight training can ease arthritis pain and strengthen joints. plus, the preventative effects that strength training has are huge.
4. You’ll Be a Stronger Woman Physically. Studies have shown that weight training increases a woman’s strength by 30 to 50 percent. Extra strength will make it easier to accomplish daily activities, such as lifting children, carrying things, gardening, playing with grandchildren. Pound for pound, women can develop their strength at the same rate as men.
5. You’ll Be a Stronger Woman Mentally. In addition, a Harvard study found that 10 weeks of strength training reduced symptoms of clinical depression more successfully than traditional counseling did. Women who weight train commonly report feeling more confident and capable as a result of their program. The mind and body are connected therefore, physical strength will transfer to mental strength.
6. The more lean tissue you have the longer you may live. It is a far better predictor of longevity than total cholesterol or blood pressure
7. The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn at rest. It is estimated that for every pound of muscle you gain you burn an extra 50 calories a day! compare this to a pound of fat that burns just 2 calories.
8. You will dramatically decrease the risk of osteoporosis. Increasing bone density through good strength and weight training is key prevention of this problem and will significantly improve in women who already have the condition.