1. Positive Attitude
- Speak to yourself, and think like a champion!
- Surround yourself with the people who are going to support you.
- Believe that you will achieve your goals
- Never, Never, Never Give Up!
2. Good Nutrition
- 2/3 of what you eat should look like it comes out of the ground,
- 1/3 of what you eat should come from animal products or processed food.
- 2 ½ cups of vegetables
- 2-3 pieces of fruit
- Carbohydrate: 2-4 pieces of bread, 1 bowl of cereal, some pasta or rice
- Lean red or white meat 3 x week, white meat or fish other days
- 300mls of skim/trim milk
- 1 tub of yoghurt and 1 slice of cheese
Note: Chocolate is a processed food, however, sometimes we really need it! We suggest you eat one small piece everyday to avoid deprivation overload.
Watch your fat intake
- Stick to mono-saturated fats such as nuts, avocado, olive oil and fish oils.
- Cut down on saturated and polyunsaturated fats.
- Read all food labels where possible, and be aware of foods with more than l0g/fat per 100g of product.
Remember there are no good or bad foods just the amount in which we eat them.
- 1 litre for every 25 kg of bodyweight plus 1 litre for every hour of exercise.
- You can live for three weeks without food but only three days without fluid.
- Just try to drink more than you are drinking now.
- Check the colour of your urine - clear is best.
- Drink more water for less wrinkles.
4. Move More
Make every opportunity to expend more energy. Don’t drive if you can walk, don’t walk if you can run. See activity as an opportunity rather than an inconvenience. 70% of your daily calories are burnt by general moving.
5. Planned Exercise
100 minutes per week mildly puffing. 2 x 50mins, 3 x 35mins, 4 x 25mins, 5 x 20mins, 10 x 10mins - will all produce the same results
5. Lift weights
1-3 times a week using all major muscle groups, 30min of lifting to your potential. KEEP GETTING STRONGER.